Help Please!!!!!!

Decorating By BaBa Updated 23 Oct 2010 , 3:03am by madgeowens

BaBa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BaBa Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 5

Have been asked to make a special cake for a boy who is becoming an eagle scout. They aske for a 3D eagle on top of a 2 tiered cake. Any ideas on how to do a 3D eagle. Not a sculptor, tried to find a 3D candy mold but they are all flat. Any help you can offer would be tremendously appreciated. Have a great week end.

4 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 5

Does it have to be edible?

Michael's sells lots of plastic animals...you could put it on a gumpaste base to keep it from touching the cake.

Or...maybe a cookie with an Eagle Edible image on it?

Or...try your hand at making one out of fondant/gumpaste mix. You'd be surprised how the shape just kind of "happens" some times.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 5

No advice on your cake but I saw your name Baba and it reminded me of my Baba who died 10 years ago...Loved her dearly....Everytime I see that name for which is polish/ukrainian for grandma it brings back so many good memories.... icon_biggrin.gif

sorry to hijack your thread icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:00am
post #4 of 5

I think I would try to make it out of fondant or gumpaste. It probably wouldn't be as difficult as you might think. Just start by shaping some brown fondant/gumpaste into the basic shape. Then use some brown to make the shape of the wings and use a toothpick to scratch in the impression of some feathers. Attach to the body with some "gum glue" or water. Put a little white "wig" on for the "bald" look, add a yellow beak. Use spaghetti for the legs and yellow fondant over it to make the claws. Well you get the general idea. Hope that helps.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:03am
post #5 of 5

geeze cabescake....you make me feel like I can do this......you made that sound much easier than I imagine it would be.....you would make a good teacher I think

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%