Help Please!!!!!!

Decorating By BaBa Updated 23 Oct 2010 , 3:03am by madgeowens

BaBa Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 5

Have been asked to make a special cake for a boy who is becoming an eagle scout. They aske for a 3D eagle on top of a 2 tiered cake. Any ideas on how to do a 3D eagle. Not a sculptor, tried to find a 3D candy mold but they are all flat. Any help you can offer would be tremendously appreciated. Have a great week end.

4 replies
3GCakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 5

Does it have to be edible?

Michael's sells lots of plastic animals...you could put it on a gumpaste base to keep it from touching the cake.

Or...maybe a cookie with an Eagle Edible image on it?

Or...try your hand at making one out of fondant/gumpaste mix. You'd be surprised how the shape just kind of "happens" some times.

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 5

No advice on your cake but I saw your name Baba and it reminded me of my Baba who died 10 years ago...Loved her dearly....Everytime I see that name for which is polish/ukrainian for grandma it brings back so many good memories.... icon_biggrin.gif

sorry to hijack your thread icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

cabecakes Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:00am
post #4 of 5

I think I would try to make it out of fondant or gumpaste. It probably wouldn't be as difficult as you might think. Just start by shaping some brown fondant/gumpaste into the basic shape. Then use some brown to make the shape of the wings and use a toothpick to scratch in the impression of some feathers. Attach to the body with some "gum glue" or water. Put a little white "wig" on for the "bald" look, add a yellow beak. Use spaghetti for the legs and yellow fondant over it to make the claws. Well you get the general idea. Hope that helps.

madgeowens Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 3:03am
post #5 of 5

geeze cabescake....you make me feel like I can do this......you made that sound much easier than I imagine it would be.....you would make a good teacher I think

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%