Customer Pick Up Release Statement

Business By KAMI_Cakes Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 4:42pm by thecakeprincess

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 4

I'm writing up my receipts for our business. I want to write a statement that if the customer decides to pick up the cake themselves, then it is their responsibility from the moment they leave with the cake. Wondering how the rest of your were wording this in your receipts or contracts.

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 4

This is what my contract states about it:

7.  _________ Customer Pick up: If the customer elects to pick up and set up the cake, he or she assumes all liability for the integrity of the cake once it passes into his/her possession, and will be asked to sign a form stating that they understand and agree to these terms, and no compensation will be given for damage occurring to cake once it passes into the clients possession.

So far I have only had 1 person opt to do this and they picked it up fully assembled (3 tiers) and it was fine, most people would rather pay the delivery charge!

KAMI_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KAMI_Cakes Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for the great info! I would love to see the rest of your contract as I need to create one for our wedding contracts. We are fairly new and just learning on the job!

thecakeprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeprincess Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 4

great info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%