Lazy!!!

Lounge By countrycaker Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 2:50pm by Melvira

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 12

Just found out that my sister's boyfriend told her that just because they have a baby she'd better still plan on working and not just stay at home "like your lazy sisters". Okay, can I punch this guy in the cake hole?!? I'm a stay-at-home mom with 5 kids ranging in age from 15 years to 2 months. I hit the floor running every morning and keep going until about 11:30 at night when I crash for about 6 hours of interrupted sleep (baby nurses twice during the night). Besides cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, doing dishes, grocery shopping, doing bills, being the family chauffer, doing yardwork, checking homework, attending ball games and track meets, orchestra, choir, & band concerts, school plays, PTA meetings, church functions, taking kids to doctor, dentist, orthodontist, & eye appointments, I also make and sell cakes from my home. Who knew being "lazy" was such exhausting work? BTW, my 2 other "lazy" stay-at-home sisters also have small children including babies they're raising and one sister runs a photography business from her home and the other has a hair salon in her home. Sorry for the vent - I'm pretty ticked. If this *#$#*! ever actually marries my sister, I'm sure she'll ask me to do the cake for the wedding. Somehow I'm going to have to figure out how to put a little something extra in the piece that her boyfriend will bite into it. icon_twisted.gif

11 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 12

icon_eek.gif I sure hope your sister stood up for y'all. That is such a chauvanistic ignorant thing to say. Any PERSON who thinks stay at home parents have it 'easy' needs to be slapped - hard. icon_mad.gif

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 12

As I said to my nephew after one of his pompous remarks. "Gee, that would have been very hurtful and insulting if I actually gave a rat's ---- about what you think or your opinion on what I do."

Ha, ha, ha.

He picks on easier targets now.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 12

Wow, you really DO sound lazy! I mean, it looks like you probably get almost 4 hours of sleep a night. icon_surprised.gif Everyone knows a real woman only needs 3, right?

Honey, people who don't know are always the first to open their stupid mouths and let their ignorance slosh all down the front of them. I only have 2 kids, but I have my cake biz, and am trying to home school. There is nothing lazy about us. Sheesh, my weekly break is church, so that I can sit down for 5 straight minutes, stand for 5, sit for 5, stand for 5. Hehe. (I'm Lutheran, I don't know if all religions do this, but we look like jack-in-the-boxes!!) icon_lol.gif

More power to you for being a buttkicking cake mommy! Your sis is the one I really feel sorry for. She married the @ss.

Edit to add: Oops, she DIDN'T actually marry him yet, sorry for misspeaking. But hopefully this will talk her out of the biggest mistake ever, and a potential ugly divorce.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 12

Melvira: No, not all religions do that. icon_smile.gif

When my kids were little, I was a SAHM who felt like she needed a SAHM to help. There was way too much chaos and stuff to do most days. I don't know how I ever survived it.

Melvira Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 2:22am
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

Melvira: No, not all religions do that. icon_smile.gif

Man, I've got to find a lazier church! icon_lol.gif

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:07pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

sit down for 5 straight minutes, stand for 5, sit for 5, stand for 5.

Sounds like a good exercise routine to me. Maybe I should go to your church so I could fit "working out" into my schedule as well. icon_biggrin.gif

As for my sister's boyfriend, I definitely don't value his opinion - he's an abusive, ignorant alcoholic. A comment like that against me and my sisters is just another big check against him. I really wish we could get him out of the family picture. I know I shouldn't let him rile me - I should make him a peace offering. Maybe a big piece of Exlax-laced chocolate cake. Yummmm! icon_twisted.gif

Melvira Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 4:47pm
post #8 of 12

countrycaker, you've got the upper hand in this situation because you're not a jerk loser. icon_lol.gif

But of course, we have to be SO careful in how we express ourselves because that is the easiest way to alienate someone you care about. You think you're being honest, and they think you're being mean and judgmental. *sigh* But all of a sudden years later when they finally wake up and divorce the jerk, they realize you were right and love them and just wanted to save them the pain. No, I have NO experience with this situation whatsoever. icon_rolleyes.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 12:11pm
post #9 of 12

My step-daughter used to be married to a jerk like that. I didn't hide the way that I felt about him from the first time I met him. Once at a Thanksgiving dinner at my sister-in-laws (after we had left), he came from the living room out into the kitchen and tapped his glass in front of her, and he returned to the living room. She got up, filled his glass, and took it in to him. When my sister-in-law told me about, I said something to my step-daughter about it. She said, "you get stuff for dad all the time". I said, "Yes, because I want to...not because he demands it." I also told her that if he ever did it in front of me, he would here about it. Well to make a long story short...it took her a long time to see him for his true colors, but she is now married to a man that treats her like gold and I couldn't be more happy to have him for a son-in-law. Sometimes remaining quiet is not the thing to do. That is abuse. Just because someone doesn't physically hit someone, doesn't mean that don't do damage. You should bring this to your sister's attention. Sorry this is so long, but I don't like abusive people in any form. And this guy sounds like bad news. They aren't even married, and he is already ordering her around. Who does he think he is. Let them both know that you don't appreciate the comment.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 2:48pm
post #10 of 12

Sounds like you and your sister need to go shopping for a day, ALL day, and leave him with the kids to babysit. Oh and pick a day that is your busiest and give him the list of things needed to be done by the time you return.

But then again, his excuse will be you have 5 and they have one. Sometimes nothing works with this kind of person.

And not for nothing, but to call you lazy to your sister. This shows a complete lack of respect. Could it be something else? Could it be that financially he is afraid to trying to do it all on his own? Are there other fears hidden that he has not admitted to anyone, let alone himself.

Sorry, I analyze too much. But often times hidden beneath comments like this is something else entirely. At least I have found that to be true in my encounters.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 11:28am
post #11 of 12

Melvira....if you change, don't go Catholic...we stand, sit, and kneel icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 2:50pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAE33

Melvira....if you change, don't go Catholic...we stand, sit, and kneel icon_smile.gif

Thank you! I'll keep this in mind! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%