Stable Whipped Cream?/ Dream Whip?

Decorating By newb2 Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 2:42pm by scp1127

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:53pm
post #1 of 6

I'm not sure if I'm posting this question in the right spot but hopefully someone can help me.

I'm making individual cheesecakes for a fund raiser (I'm not a professional, just for fun baker). The cheesecakes have small cracks on the top so I want to cover them with something. I was thinking I could just pipe some fresh whipped cream on them just before serving BUT I have to travel about a half hour for the event and be there early to set up and I don't know that whipped cream will be okay for piping that long. I can't wait until I get there to whip it either. I do have Dream Whip but have never used it for this so I don't know really how it works/tastes? Any thoughts or ideas? The cheesecakes are pecan pie cheesecake so I could put some sort of praline topping on them too but don't have any recipes....help!

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 6

Can you turn the cheesecakes out onto the serving plates upside down (so the crack doesn't show)....

If not, I'd opt for a praline topping. icon_smile.gif

Here's a highly rated recipe for praline sundae topping:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/praline-sundae-topping/Detail.aspx

HTH

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 6

You could always put your whipped cream in a small icechest until tiem to serve. That would keep it cold. But the Praline topping sounds wonderful too.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 8:25am
post #4 of 6

Could you make a strusel topping like I do for my caramel apple cheesecake and drizzle a little caramel over the top? You could also throw some cookies in a food processor add a little sugar and cut in some cold butter until it resembles a crumb topping. Bake in the oven for a few minutes and sprinkle over the top. Just an idea. Or even maybe the cooked apple slices in my recipe. I bet that would go well with your yummy sounding cheesecake. http://www.food.com/recipe/dads-caramel-apple-cheesecake-336906

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 9:02am
post #5 of 6

You could also use Pastry Pride. It's a non dairy whipped topping and it will hold up for hours. I decorate all my cakes with it. You could also add any flavoring to it too. Just this weekend I made a dinosaur cake for my grandson on Saturday night, put it in the fridge and went to sleep. At 3:00am, we loaded it up in my SUV and drove 6 hours to where he lives.Got there at 9:00am, took him to breakfast and shopping then got back to his home around 1:00pm and had cake! It held up perfectly, no problems at all!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 6

Piping gel will stabilize whipped cream. But... have you looked into the traditional sweetened sour cream toppings that cover cheesecake cracks, homemade caramel, fruit puree?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%