How To Get The Two Tone Bow?

Decorating By sweetnessx3 Updated 24 Oct 2010 , 8:52pm by mommynana

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:03am
post #1 of 17

How did they get this bow to have another color as a trim on this bow and so clean ?
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1273893

I hope this link works , didnt know how to do it :/

Thanks Lisa

16 replies
krae0057 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krae0057 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:20am
post #2 of 17

I think you make a thin rope with an extruder and attach it to the edges of the loops after they are dry (but before the bow is put together).

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:25am
post #3 of 17

I'm not sure if they did it this way, but I once heard someone say they made the bow like normal, let it dry, then they used a clay gun/extruder and attached the pieces to the bow.

Yes, I just read her comments, and she did it this same way!

HTH! Good luck!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:34am
post #4 of 17

For me, I would roll out the green and lay it on your mat. Roll out the red really thin, cut a strip, lay it on the green, cut the green as much thicker as you want the edge trim to be, then loop as usual. Really fast and easy.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:40am
post #5 of 17

Both ways is correct.I have done it both ways.You can put pearls around your bow loops the same way. Use 3mm pearl mold. Attach while still damp, with glue, pressing it with a dresden tool.

cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 1:41am
post #6 of 17

The person who made this cake is one of my flickr friends, Her name is Monika!
I think she would be more than happy to answer a PM if you asked her personally!

lanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanana Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 2:05am
post #7 of 17

clay struder for the thin green part

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 2:15am
post #8 of 17

I like to add the trim to the strip before it's shaped into a loop, like on this cake:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1527946&sub=1527947

Oh yeah... I used a clay extruder and gum glue.

sweetnessx3 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 2:48am
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefairy03

I'm not sure if they did it this way, but I once heard someone say they made the bow like normal, let it dry, then they used a clay gun/extruder and attached the pieces to the bow.

Yes, I just read her comments, and she did it this same way!

HTH! Good luck!

Good grief Lisa .....read the comments ! Thanks for the help CCers Im going to attempt this I need lots of luck !

sweetnessx3 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 2:50am
post #10 of 17

Going to have to buy me one of those Clay extruders , where do I find them ? Sure would have been helpful on my Strawberry short cake figurine ( hair)icon_smile.gif

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:06am
post #11 of 17

If you have a Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann or Michaels just look in the clay crafting section with the Makins stuff.

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:23am
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Show

If you have a Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann or Michaels just look in the clay crafting section with the Makins stuff.

Don't forget to use a coupon lol !!!
I have yet to buy me a clay extruder.

Cookie050 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie050 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:36am
post #13 of 17

Could someone tell me why is it when I soak my cake with licor syrup I let the cake sit for one day or two and it taste femented. I taste other cakes which is soaked in licor syrup and it taste good. help thanks

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 9:13pm
post #14 of 17

I was wondering how that was done! Thanks for asking the question. I can't wait to try it.

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 7:36pm
post #15 of 17

When you get your clay extruder, be sure to get one with a handle on the end that turns. I got the kind you just push though at first and it was so worthless, a big waste of money, I couldn't get the fondant to push though at all. I really love the one I have now with the handle that turns.

cakesnglass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnglass Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 8:00pm
post #16 of 17

Designmeacake.com has a really nice one. Comes with lots of discs easy to clean.. handle turns on this one too.

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 8:52pm
post #17 of 17

my daughter said she got me one for my birthday this week, (from my granddaughter) and she is going to give it to me tom. cuz she knows i want to use it. but she said she got one that looks like a big gun. dose anyone have one of those???

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%