Scal And Mtc

Decorating By leafO Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 2:07pm by leafO

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 4:05am
post #1 of 5

I was recently gifted a cricut cake! Hooray!!!! icon_biggrin.gif I am looking at getting either scal or mtc. I used SCAL briefly on my sister's cricut. It was pretty easy to use but it seemed like there wasn't really a way to control the cutting speed. Does MTC have an option for controlling the cutting speed? Which one would you recommend?

4 replies
cakeville82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeville82 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 5:03am
post #2 of 5

MTC does have that option and I'm happy with it.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 5:11am
post #3 of 5

i suggest downloading both demos from their respective websites. try to do the same cut using both programs (e.g. get an image from your computer and try cutting it out in the same position, rotation, and size). which do you find more intuitive to use? i think they're both adequate programs. i have scal 2.0 and it comes with a little library of shapes. what i like about MTC is that it has an internet search for other people's shared shapes built into the program.

kathyx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyx1 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 5:14am
post #4 of 5

I also have MTC and it's great. I trialled both programs and liked this one better.

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone! I didn't know they had a trial version, I'll have to play around and see but I think I'll probably go with mtc since it has speed controls. Can't wait til my cricut arrives!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%