Moist

Baking By nopleazn Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 1:18am by LindaF144a

nopleazn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nopleazn Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 12:45am
post #1 of 7

I'm sooo new to the baking world.. My question is what would I use to make a homemade cake moist? My cake keeps coming out dry, but I have been using convection on my oven.. Any response would be greatly appreciated.. [/b]

6 replies
tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 12:56am
post #2 of 7

I would guess that perhaps you are baking too long.

BoLeggs79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BoLeggs79 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 1:10am
post #3 of 7

Sour cream or the addition of buttermilk will help with moisture

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 1:12am
post #4 of 7

Make a simple syrup (dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water over medium heat) and brush it on with a pastry brush or spray it on with a mister onto your cooked cake layers before you ice them. HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nopleazn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nopleazn Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 1:14am
post #6 of 7

Thank You for the replies.. I will watch the time on the next one.. I will try the sour cream or buttermilk.. Thank You again..

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 1:18am
post #7 of 7

This type of question comes up very, very frequently. The best way to get the most thorough answer is to also post what recipe you are using and exactly how you prepare the batter, what temperature do you bake at and for how long.

Really there is no one ingredient you can add to make a cake moist. You can ruin a cake made with sour cream, oil, or any other so called thing to make a cake moist. Prepare the batter the wrong way, or overbake and your cake will be dry.

Simple syrup does not put moisture in a cake. It will help retain moisture already there, but it won't take a dry cake and make it moist.

Post more information and then we can go from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%