Bright Colors!

Decorating By Crimsicle Updated 3 Nov 2010 , 7:15pm by icingimages

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 17

I just uploaded a cake to my gallery that I did this afternoon using Icing Images' inks and icing sheets. The color just pops. We've had some discussions here about edible images not being bright and intense. I think it's often a matter of image choice and preparation. Just wanted to illustrate how bright these images can be. This will be a hit tonight, for sure.

16 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 17

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Wow..they are bright ! Love it.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 17

Wow! The colors still impress me and I see them all the time! Thanks for posting!

lindsey123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindsey123 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 17

Hi that is fab.. Could i ask what printer and what settings did you have this on. I have a cannon ip3500 and the colour is terrible. Any help mostly appreciated Thanks linzi

icingimages Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 17

Whose ink are you using? And what settings are you using with those inks? We are just now upgrading all our inks to the spongeless cartridges and we are upgrading all our inks to the gold label inks, just like what Crim is using. But she is using a different printer.

lindsey123 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 17

Hi I am using cartrides from edible ink. They started of good colours but now are appauling and I have orders comin out my ears. Could you advise on what settings i should be using and do you sell the ink. Thank you for the reply cant et a response from anycake x

icingimages Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 17

What brand of ink? How often do you print? What printer are you using?

lindsey123 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 17

Hi i print upto 4 times a week. The printer is a canonip3500 and the brand of ink is canon pixma with electric chip

icingimages Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 17

Whose edible inks are you using and hold old is the printer? Have you ever replaced the printhead and if so how long ago (dont worry you may not need to replace it, but lets continue on here!)

lindsey123 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 17

i buy them from anycake.com and the printer is about a year old. I have not replaced the printer head. One thin i will say is i have never been told what settings to use for edible images. Not sure if the printer settins are correct thanks

icingimages Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:20am
post #11 of 17

Ok, I looked it up and anycake sells KK brand. I do not know the settings they recommend, but I would start first with running a nozzle check to see what colors are printing. Go in to your printer properties and under maintenance there is something called a nozzle check. Put regular paper in the back and see how what prints compares to what the computer says you should see. If all your colors are printing correctly, try putting your settings on paper type: matte. Do not change anything else and see if that helps. If all colors are not printing, you may have a clog, printhead burnout or perhaps even a dry sponge. But lets start with telling me what the nozzle check states.

lindsey123 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 6:46pm
post #12 of 17

I have done a nozzle check and there is 2 magneta colours d and e well in the the one in the e collum there is nothing printed as if there is a clog thanks

icingimages Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 7:04pm
post #13 of 17

Ok...so unfortunately you are correct and you have a clog!!! Now, KK uses a different ink formula then we do. I am going to advise you and hopefully it will also help you. I am assuming that you have relatively new cartridges. I am going to assume that if you are refilling that you have not refilled more then three times. Take out your cartridges, make sure there is ink in them! Remove your printhead. I know you do not have our cleaner or our steamer, so rinse your printhead under in the sink allowing hot water run on the part where the ink goes in to your printhead. Let it run on there until the water runs clear. Once it runs clear, dry the printhead off very carefully, inside, outside making sure all computer chips are dry without any water spots. Place everything back into your printer. Run one cleaning cycle and then one nozzle check. See if it made some improvement. If it does not, print a colorful picture on regular paper, 5 times. Run a nozzle check and see if it improved. If it did not, let me know and I have more tricks up my sleave!!!

lindsey123 Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 10:09pm
post #14 of 17

Hi I have done all that the colours aree great but the pinkk is still very dull and barely noticable

icingimages Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:28am
post #15 of 17

How old is your magenta cartridge?

lindsey123 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:57pm
post #16 of 17

about 4/5 week

icingimages Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 7:15pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

How old is your magenta cartridge?

You may want to try to dampen your rollers. This is a last effort if you have cleaned your printer and it looks like the printhead is going bad, this sometimes works and is definately worth trying. I do not put this in general posts so you will have to PM me to get this info as to how to do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%