Is There Any Way To Make This Possible??

Decorating By ClassyCat Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 12:02am by Cake_Karen

ClassyCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyCat Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 4

My friend asked me to make her hubby a cake for his 40th bday on Sunday, Nov. 7th. She doesn't have any ideas yet, but it'll be fairly time consuming & detailed. Problem is, I'm going out of town first thing on Friday morning (Nov.5) and will be gone until the next Monday.

So I'd have to have the cake made Wednesday and decorated on Thursday.... and it won't be delivered until Sunday. I've never refrigerated or frozen a cake, and quite honestly don't have much room for it. Is there any way this cake could stay fresh and tasty between Thursday and Sunday afternoon? I'd love to make this for her, but feel like it might not work out. Any advice??

Some more info~ I'm also making another cake the same week to bring with me to my event on Friday. So I'd have to 'share the time' between the two cakes. icon_confused.gif

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 4

nope, too much time between finished on Thursday and served on Sunday.

ClassyCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyCat Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks, Leah. Just as I thought, but I wanted to 'make sure' before I turned down the offer. Oh well, there will be many more opportunities to make them a cake and hopefully the timing will be better!! icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Karen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Karen Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:02am
post #4 of 4

Depends on what cake you are making. I bake Maderia cakes and they are fresh for a good 7 days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%