Fondant Loop Bow

Decorating By DinasSugarShack Updated 16 Oct 2010 , 6:23pm by leah_s

DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 6

Hi
I need to make a gift box that is rather large, it is an 11x15. I want to put a loop bow on it. How many loops should I make and what size should they be so it looks proportional? Also, would you place it in the middle or off to a corner on a cake this shape?
Finally, for those who have done it before would you use royal icing or chocolate melts to glue the loops together. Which one holds better?

Thanks
Dina

5 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:47am
post #2 of 6

When I make loopy bows I make a lot of loops so that when I'm putting the bow together I can fiddle around with it until it looks right.

I also find that chocolate melts work much better as they set up almost instantly. Good luck!

DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 2:31am
post #3 of 6

Thank you, by the way I love your cakes, they all look so pretty

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you for your nice comment! I've been searching for a great bow tutorial that I once saw but can't find it now. However, I had this one saved so in case you're needing some visuals here's another good tutorial on loopy bows.

http://www.cakeboss.com/FondantBowTutorial.aspx

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 6

You can check out my loopy bow instructions in my signature below. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 6:23pm
post #6 of 6

I wire each loop individually so that I can build the bow on the cake. It looks very natural that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%