Frozen Buttercream Help!!

Decorating By Michila Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 6:48pm by Suzisweet

Michila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michila Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 9

Can you decorate a cake using the frozen buttercream recipe. It looks like it would make a pretty big batch and I didn't want it to go to waste. Cake is for this weekend PLEASE HELP!!! icon_smile.gif THANKS

8 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 9

What recipe are you talking about? Do you have a link for it or copy of it?

Michila Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 9

At this point any frozen buttercream recipe!! icon_biggrin.gif I looked at the one posted here. do you have ny suggestions?

Suzisweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzisweet Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 9

I have froze mine with success! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Michila Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 9

I am looking to make a frozen butercream trasfer and was wondering if I can ice my cake with that same recipe?

Suzisweet Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 9

YES

Michila Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 9

Suzisweet do you recommend a specific recipe? Have you used the one on CC site?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:47pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michila

I am looking to make a frozen butercream trasfer and was wondering if I can ice my cake with that same recipe?

That's what I thought you were asking about.

I know there was a recipe floating around that people used to do them, but I never bothered with it. I just used my regular buttercream because I couldn't see the point in making a 'special' recipe to do a decoration on a cake.

If you have found the recipe for the FBCT's then I don't see why it can't be used on a cake. It was a part crisco part butter recipe from what I recall. I'm not sure it's consistancy so you may need to thin it down a little before you use it.

If you already have a buttercream recipe that you use, then I wouldn't bother making a 'special' one for it. If you don't have a good buttercream recipe you may want to look up IndyDebi's. She always gets rave reviews about it. icon_smile.gif

Suzisweet Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:48pm
post #9 of 9

I just recently changed to this one...
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6992/indydebis-crisco-based-buttercream-icing

BUT I use half butter half shotening and I use Sweetex brand shortening which is a "high ratio" shotening; meaning it still has trans fats though I have made this recipe for my family using regular Criso and either way it is amazing and yummy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%