Yankee Cake Price

Business By 3angels3 Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 2:16am by 3angels3

3angels3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3angels3 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 8

Hi, I am new and someone asked me to make a 1/2 skeet yellow cake filled with chocolate pudding and fondant icing. It is a yankee jersey with a baseball hat sitting on top. Please any information for pricing will be very helpful

7 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 8

Depends on where you're at in the world pricing will vary. Call around to other cake shops and see what they would charge, how many is the cake for? are you renting a kitchen or work from home? how much will it cost you to make the cake? Most ppl will price the cake per slice so anywhere from $2.00-7.00

hth

mookamoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mookamoo Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 8

pricing is difficult for me too. How experienced are you...The quality of your cakes may play a role.

3angels3 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:57am
post #4 of 8

I am pretty new. I just started about 6 months ago. So far, I have mainly made cakes for friends and family. Everyone has loved my recipes and decorations. I live in Long Island, NY. The cake is for about 40 people. I work from home. Thanks

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 8

Please also know that you will need to get permission from the team to use their copyrightec logo, since you're selling the cake.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 8

FYI, it is also important to note that it is illegal in NY to sell cakes made from home, unless you have a kitchen in a separate building on your property. If you just make cakes for close friends and family the risk is pretty low, but once you start selling to strangers you are opening yourself up for a huge amount of liability.

I recommend not accepting any form of compensation for this cake until you are fully licensed and insured.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 8

Anything Yankees - Priceless.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

3angels3 Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 2:16am
post #8 of 8

Thank you everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%