Cake Boss Software - Any Good?

Business By Firewife54 Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 9:47am by loriemoms

Firewife54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firewife54 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:34am
post #1 of 7

I am considering the Cake Boss software. Has anyone bought it and have constructive feedback? I can read the testimonials online but wanted to read good or bad. I don't want to waste time buying and learning how to use if it doesn't work well.

Thanks for any input!

6 replies
sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:41am
post #2 of 7

Ohhhh, I was going to post the same question tonight! Yay!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:00am
post #3 of 7

I think its great software! But....what I was doing already was what I was used to and I had a hard time moving my information over and putting in all my ingredients and measurements and costs and stuff...so...I just went back to my manual way of doing things.

So....good software, but if you already have a system working well for you, you may not like it as well. But if you do NOT have a system already....its great!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:39am
post #4 of 7

I absolutely LOVE Cake boss software! It is wonderful. Yes you have to do alot of data entry first, but any program that is a business management software application would require such. Even quickbooks requires extensive data entry to work properly. It has been a life saver for me. Once all your stuff is in, you're good. It sure beats working off paper orders only.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:58am
post #5 of 7

I so want to get it! I have used a bit of it and think it would be good for home bakers to see just how much really goes into everything.

beesweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweetcakes Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:42am
post #6 of 7

IMO, the program is OK. I do have to say that I have a Mac. My husband bought it for me before he realized that it wasn't really Mac compatible. I have to go through the Parallel's program to access it. This is a huge pain for me. Otherwise, it's a good program that does help me keep track of my customers. I do not enter anything but customer info and the price of the cake. I am sure for those of you that have PC's it's a really great program. If you have a Mac, I do not recommend it.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 9:47am
post #7 of 7

It is great for home bakers, and smaller businesses. If you are using an accountant, and have a larger customer base or store front, I would recommend using something beefier like quickbooks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%