Yuck

Lounge By karateka Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 9:45pm by Herekittykitty

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 13

I saw one of those nickel sized black fuzzy spiders on the wall over my head as I was going downstairs this am. I did nothing because I had nothing to kill him with, intending to go back. Well....I forgot! Which is odd, because I HATE spiders and won't suffer them to exist in my abode.

Of course, when I remembered, and got the broom....you guessed it....he's no longer there, and I don't know where the frick he is.

Nice. Now I have a renegade spider running around somewhere, ready to drop on me at any juncture. The thought is making my skin crawl. Shudder....

12 replies
VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 13

I hate spiders too, but your post made me laugh! You calling him a renegade, cracked me up... good luck finding your new room mate!

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 13

You are braver than me. I would SLOOOOOOWLY backed up and then run srcreaming. icon_cry.gif

If BF wasn't home neighbor would have definately gotten a call to kill the 8 legged monster before I had a coronary. AND he would have had to let himself in b/c I would have been frozen, curled up in whatever corner I'd ended up. tapedshut.gif (signifies wimpering terror)

*Shudder* Just the thought gives me serious willies.

Good Luck!

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:48am
post #4 of 13

Ewwwwww! The other night, my mother had a huge centipede under her pillow! She kept hearing a scratchy noise, and finally got up and found a centipede! Shuddder!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:19am
post #5 of 13

Oh, I so feel the chill when I even think the word spider! Although I was an entomology major, that certainly didn't include spiders. I have such an abhorrence at the thought of one running loose in the house that I have stepped on them with bare feet, (really hard and fast), or crushed them with a sudden hand swat, (also really hard and fast!). I takes me a millisecond to muster the nerve, but the thought of one loose is more than I can bear. A good wash up and a period of delayed shivering and the deed is done.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 13

Yeah...it is freaking me out. I didn't get him at first, because he was over my head on the steps and I couldn't reach him! So I'm regretting that right now. Who knows where the scurvy bugger will show up next. shudder....

LisaMarie86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 13

Ick I hate spiders particularly but any bug can give me the creeps. I scream like a little girl and run my mom and dad have to do the dirty work. We have a service come out once every 3 months and spray the house because my mom is also terrified of bugs so usually we dont get too many surprises.

kjledford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjledford Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:25pm
post #8 of 13

My little ones, 4 and 2, came into my bathroom this morning. The older one was going to get some "square paper" (toilet paper) and said she was going to "get the spider like daddy". Already nearly passing out, I asked "what spider?" and she said "the spider in our bedroom". Ack! The little one has clearly received my genes and began to whine and cry "pider pider" as the older one ran down the hall. Thank goodness the spider was already gone! It would have been a REALLY long morning getting the kids ready! YUCK!

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:52pm
post #9 of 13

I hairspray all bugs to death if nobody is around to kill them for me

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:06pm
post #10 of 13

I actually have a spider living on my porch. I'm not a big fan of them, but his web was totally cool (it's a spiral cone into a bucket on my porch). He doesn't bug me and has plenty of bugs to eat to keep him company. So we had a talk and I told him I'd leave him alone if he left me alone. My dad even asked me the other night if I have named him yet, because he's been there for months now.

Of course, a spider in my house, would be dead!! icon_smile.gif

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 11:57pm
post #11 of 13

TexasSugar, you wouldn't believe this in view of my above post. I, too, have had a pet spider. He lived in the space between the window and the storm window in my garden room. He was a beautiful large garden spider and as long as there was a pane of glass twixt him and me, we got along fine. I even hunted moths and asstd insects for him since I didn't feel he had much of a chance in that restricted area. I just checked out which corner he was hiding in and then lifted the window a crack and tossed his live meal in. I referred to it as my "spider farm" as in ant farm. It was a fascinating show for several weeks until he succumbed to the visit from the exterminator. (I would have felt silly asking him to spare that window while paying him to do the house and immediate yard.)

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 4:27pm
post #12 of 13

Isn't it funny what we will allow and not allow. He's right on the porch by the front door, so if he is out when I come home at night I'll talk to him.

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 9:45pm
post #13 of 13

I once absolutely REFUSED to enter a house that had a large wolf spider living on the porch. When asked why and I mentioned the spider the guy was like "What spider?"

What spider?! icon_eek.gif Was he kidding me icon_confused.gif ? this thing was, no joke, about 2" across on the body not counting the legs, gray and hairy. What spider indeed.

I waited an hour in the car for my friend to come back out; there was nothing on this planet that could make me go near that house again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%