Transporting A Large Number Of Decorated Cookies?

Baking By latoft Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 5:33pm by latoft

latoft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
latoft Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can transport 650 decorated sugar cookies in a way that would be inexpensive but still preserve the decorating? They will be sugar cookies about 3" x 3" each decorated in royal icing and color flow.

Thanks for your help.
Laurie

3 replies
moonbabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonbabel Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 4

are they going to be wrapped in bags or anything? if so i usually just get big flat boxes (with short sides) from costco and line them up on the bottom edges. if they aren't wrapped then i would lay them flat with layers of wax paper in between each level...if they have far to go then using bubble wrap in between is a good idea but will add to the bulk. good luck!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 4

Here's how I do it: If they're not individually wrapped, I stack 6 or so cookies in a cello bag and tape it closed. Then, I stand all the bags up so the cookies are on edge, rather than flat. If there's room, I like to line the sides of the box with bubble wrap. Oh, and I place a board on the bottom of the box for support.

If they're individually wrapped, then just stand each package up on edge in the box.

latoft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
latoft Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you ladies. That is the way I was hoping you would say would work. I have transported cookies previously (several dozen) but never 600! so I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to end up with a mess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%