Transporting A Large Number Of Decorated Cookies?

Baking By latoft Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 5:33pm by latoft

latoft Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can transport 650 decorated sugar cookies in a way that would be inexpensive but still preserve the decorating? They will be sugar cookies about 3" x 3" each decorated in royal icing and color flow.

Thanks for your help.

3 replies
moonbabel Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 4

are they going to be wrapped in bags or anything? if so i usually just get big flat boxes (with short sides) from costco and line them up on the bottom edges. if they aren't wrapped then i would lay them flat with layers of wax paper in between each level...if they have far to go then using bubble wrap in between is a good idea but will add to the bulk. good luck!

DianeLM Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 4

Here's how I do it: If they're not individually wrapped, I stack 6 or so cookies in a cello bag and tape it closed. Then, I stand all the bags up so the cookies are on edge, rather than flat. If there's room, I like to line the sides of the box with bubble wrap. Oh, and I place a board on the bottom of the box for support.

If they're individually wrapped, then just stand each package up on edge in the box.

latoft Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you ladies. That is the way I was hoping you would say would work. I have transported cookies previously (several dozen) but never 600! so I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to end up with a mess.

Quote by @%username% on %date%