Airbrush........holy Red Dye Up My Nose

Lounge By madgeowens Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 3:13am by madgeowens

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:26am
post #1 of 12

ok so how many wear a face mask to airbrush? Also what do you use to keep from coloring everything in your kitchen? oopsies

11 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 12:00pm
post #2 of 12

I don't wear a mask..to hot and cumbersome...but ask me how many times the Mom's at school have laughed at my green or blue nose...LOL...Try airbrushung in a separate room ...I also tum the PSI down so you aren't spraying as heavily everywhere.It has helped.Otherwise you can't totally eliminate it unless you have a properly vented booth.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 12

I have the most awesome tool for this problem!! I have the airbrush booth from cakesafe.com - for the first time in my airbrushing life, I don't get color up my nose or anywhere in the room. I can now airbrush without having to clean for hours! I LOVE it! Check it out - it works perfectly! I think anyone who has an airbrush needs one of these things, it really is worth every penny. (and no, I don't work for them) I just love their quality products!

madgeowens Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 12:21am
post #4 of 12

I was thinking about a card board box???? no???? one where my han is deep inside and the over spray hits the sides of the the box

Loucinda Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 1:37am
post #5 of 12

You can try it, but you still get it everywhere with a box. (been there done that!)

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 2:23am
post #6 of 12

I airbrush with my cake inside a big clear plastic tub (Rubbermaid type) turned on its side. That helps a lot with overspray. Doesn't help with the red boogers though!

madgeowens Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 12

well I can wear a mask......lol

Loucinda Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 4:50pm
post #8 of 12

And just think, if you have red "buggars" what color is in your lungs? I am really glad I have that airbrush booth. Scott (the man who designed the airbrush booth) at Cake Safe really puts a lot of thought into the things he makes for us cake decorators.

madgeowens Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 5:36am
post #9 of 12

ok. the plastic box does not work, and I didnt wear a mask....and I think I have food coloring pneumonia now (kidding)...wish I wasnt so cheap or I would buy a airbox...too much money for a hobby baker....I will come up with something else....grrr...my kitchen ceiling will soon be red...omg

madgeowens Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 11:12pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

And just think, if you have red "buggars" what color is in your lungs? I am really glad I have that airbrush booth. Scott (the man who designed the airbrush booth) at Cake Safe really puts a lot of thought into the things he makes for us cake decorators.

ok in the video of this thing i saw food coloring on the table in front when he was done....is this still allowing mist out of it....and do you still need a mask? You almost ave me convinced to ask for this for christmas

Loucinda Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:34am
post #11 of 12

There was a tiny amount of the color right in front of the box (under where the filters are). I now put a towel right there and just toss it in the washer when I am done. I get NO color in my nose (or anywhere else) when I use the booth!

madgeowens Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 3:13am
post #12 of 12

Thanks Loucinda.....in the video the food coloring was in the front of the box where you would stand not behinf the filters....you don't get anything in the front?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%