Stacking And Refegerating?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 4:53am by Pickulz

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 5

Can you stack a cake and refegerate it? Without any BC?

And take it out the next day and add a thin layer of BC and then fondant on top?

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 1:34am
post #2 of 5

you would need to put at least a crumb coat on it to seal the cake otherwise it would dry out. But i would also ice the cake before stacking the tiers.

What are you using for the filling that it needs to be refridgerated? Also, why not put the BC on it? You can still fondant the next day.

Pickulz Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 3:57am
post #3 of 5

I want to try and make something like this....

http://jumpinmonkies.livejournal.com/33479.html?view=166599#t166599

I think I will just add a little BC b/w the layers...i guess it doesnt need to refigerated....im just worried about the cake falling through the middle or something and wanted to stack first and see how it goes....

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 4:42am
post #4 of 5

Why would the cake fall through the middle? You know hoe to support stacked cake, right?

Pickulz Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 4:53am
post #5 of 5

yes..i will use dowels most likely or straws to support it...im just nervous i guess....
im still fairly new to cake decorating and always worry about some mishap happening...and since its for my sons bday party...im just hoping it goes as planned...

Im just planning all my steps now (bake, level carve, BC, fondant)...hopefully that will calm my nerves!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%