Stadium Cake Help...!!!

Decorating By erilay Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 3:41pm by erilay

erilay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erilay Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 9:53am
post #1 of 4

I need to make an awsome stadium cake. I want it to be as detailed and clean as can be. Does anyone know a book or dvd I can buy with full instructions? If anyone has advice on a really professional football stadium cake please help. icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you so much in advance for your help.
This is for an all star football banquet. It is for 700 people. THe statium will feed as many as I can.

3 replies
shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 4

There's some amazing stadium cakes in the gallery that might give you some inspiration. Have you seen this one? http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-595149-.html I've seen another one that was really awesome, but I can't remember where I saw it! It was another Texas stadium cake but it used gumpaste as part of the supports. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I thought that I saw it on here, I'll keep looking! Which stadium are you doing? HTH icon_smile.gif

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 4

I didn't see what stadium it is, but I did old yankee stadium this summer, and I went online and got the dimensions and specs for the stadium. It was cake, and she only paid $400 for it, so I didn't go as detailed as possible, but I got the general measurements right that way.

When is your cake due? I took a lot of pictures of the process of making yankee stadium so I could probably write a tutorial...

I just added the pictures to my gallery so you can see.

erilay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erilay Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 3:41pm
post #4 of 4

It is a football stadium cake. I need to clarify with the woman but I think it is just a generic stadium. It is for a kids football team leafue dinner. It is for 700 people. I would like the stadium to feed as many as possible and do the rest w/ sheet cakes in the back. I am thinkin 200 is probably the most I can feed with a stadium but I am not sure. It is so hard to calculate servings in a carved cake.

Any help with that would be great to....

I love the pic.'s posted thank you...

The yankee stadiuim is great. How did u do that? I love it. Is that the pearl mold u used for the people? Any instructions u have would be very helpful.

I would love insructions though if anyone knows where I can find a dvd or book.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%