Anyone Know How To Do "whimsy" Roses Out Of Fondan

Decorating By cakiemommie Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 5:49pm by emmer_d

cakiemommie Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 5:48am
post #1 of 5

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.. I ADORE Pink Cake Box cakes... and often try to imitate their designs. They often use what they call "whimsy" roses, which I assume are basically roses made out of rolling a strip of fondant.. I'm wondering if there is a tutorial out there, or if anyone can tell me exactly how to do this.. as I've tried myself with no success. This is a picture of what I'm talking about. Thanks!!!

4 replies
CWR41 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 6:34am
post #2 of 5

Some call them ribbon roses. You roll your fondant into a strip or ribbon, fold it in half lengthwise (so you don't have any raggedy/raw edges), and roll until it's the size you want. You can play around with them if you want them more open, loose, or wavy.

beenie51 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 6:36am
post #3 of 5

Those are also called ribbon roses. If you go to the ICES wev site ( There is a tutorial on victorian ribbon roses which would give you the basic idea. Also, wilton has a tutorial on there site. Have fun.

madgeowens Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 6:37am
post #4 of 5

roll out the fondant and cut small circles, then roll them up

emmer_d Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 5:49pm
post #5 of 5

I was curious about this too. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%