Have No Idea What To Charge For Cupcakes

Baking By MAMAWOF4 Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 4:43pm by amygortoncakes

MAMAWOF4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAMAWOF4 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 4

I am making cupcakes for a friends Luau this weekend. Margarita, Mango Margarita and Pineapple. I have purchased theme related cupcake liners and picks and have to get alcohol for Margarita flavored ones. What do I charge? I am a very very newbie. Thanks in advance.

3 replies
SweetDreamsBoutique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 4

a lot of it depends on your area and of course the size of your cupcake. most bakeries here charge about $2.50-3 per cupcake, but the same cupcake in cali could be $5.

good luck!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 4

samehere..I charge $2.50 for a basic BC swirl..anything extra like fondant flowers etc...$3.00 and up!!..and since you purchased all the extra liners/picks etc..I would be charging more to recoup your money.

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 4

I charge a minimum of $2 per cupcake and thats just with a swirled top. If they want a fondant accessory, or anything that takes more time it goes up to $3 - $5 depending on materials and time. At first I felt bad for charging that much, but with cupcake you are spending a minimum of 5 minutes or more decorating each one. Its so time consuming, I feel you have every right to charge what its worth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%