Cake Decorating Classes

Decorating By Eva2 Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 7:55pm by neecerator

Eva2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eva2 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:12am
post #1 of 7

How do I find out where I can take some good cake decorating classes? I live in CT.

6 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:34am
post #2 of 7

Check out Michael's or AC Moore. They have several Wilton classes. They are a great, inexpensive way to start learning about cake decorating. That's what I did. Then I found this site and lots of tutorials on You Tube.

Eva2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eva2 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 9:29am
post #3 of 7

Thank you but I have done those already and wanted something more.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 7

Julie Bashore is awesome. www.sugarartschool.com She is in Lancaster PA, but well worth the trip. She does travel as well. I know she recently did some classes in NYC

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Julie Bashore is awesome. www.sugarartschool.com She is in Lancaster PA, but well worth the trip. She does travel as well. I know she recently did some classes in NYC

Wow! Julie's place looks great. I live in SW PA, and may have to drive to Lancaster, PA to check her out. It's still probably a 4 hour drive, but closer than 6 hours to take classes in my hometown in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada!
icon_smile.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 7

I'll hop in here to give another double thumbs up to Julie Bashore. Amazingly talented artist, and sooooo willing to share thumbs_up.gif Wish I could go to her studio - "my" chapter of ICES sponsored the classes I attended last year. You also might check into your local ICES group - the Days of Sharing and special classes are well worth the annual membership.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmoser

I'll hop in here to give another double thumbs up to Julie Bashore. Amazingly talented artist, and sooooo willing to share thumbs_up.gif Wish I could go to her studio - "my" chapter of ICES sponsored the classes I attended last year. You also might check into your local ICES group - the Days of Sharing and special classes are well worth the annual membership.

HI: Maybe your ICES group is close to you? Most of the members in my state of PA live near Philly and that is a 5 hour drive from me. I did contact Julie's store, but classes are not available until Jan. Driving in the winter is not great, but I'll continue to check out her classes for next Spring maybe.
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%