Have You Tried This Recipe???...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 12:39pm by Mikel79

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Cakers!! icon_biggrin.gif

I tried out a new recipe a couple weeks ago and wanted your input. It was from Sharon Zambito's DVD, Back To Basics. I am posting a link to a similar recipe below.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1972/durable-cake-for-3d-and-wedding-cakes

I really like the recipe. It cuts beautifully!! The only thing is, I can taste the pudding. I know this sounds odd. But, when I make my other recipes I use the box mixes that already have pudding in it. I don't ever have that pudding taste in them.

The durable recipe states it can be doubled. So, I doubled all the ingredients, including the pudding. It did not taste gross, but you really can taste the pudding. It was a yellow mix with a vanilla pudding flavor.

Thoughts???

Michael
icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
808hedda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
808hedda Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 3

Ever since I tried this recipe, this mostly the only one I use( I carve a lot of cakes). I have never noticed the pudding taste. Maybe you could try one of the WASC variations. I can't seem to make it without it coming out dry. But, I always have compliments on how moist the Durable cake is. I love it! icon_smile.gif

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808hedda

Ever since I tried this recipe, this mostly the only one I use( I carve a lot of cakes). I have never noticed the pudding taste. Maybe you could try one of the WASC variations. I can't seem to make it without it coming out dry. But, I always have compliments on how moist the Durable cake is. I love it! icon_smile.gif

Thank you for the input. I normally used WASC. However, it was to "wet" of a cake.

Thanks again!

Michael

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%