October 2010 Cookie Club

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 1 Nov 2010 , 1:00pm by bonniebakes

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 6:55pm
post #31 of 45
endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 11:56pm
post #32 of 45

How cool is that? Would never have thought of it! Love your jester!

[edited to add]
Saw the word "jester" in your first post and so that's what I saw, when I looked at the picture! (Guess I have a highly suggestable mind...)

Now I see it is actually a kid in a coat. Cute!

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 1:04am
post #33 of 45

im not a cookie kinda gal, but i would like to expand my horizons icon_smile.gif

Is it too late to join this month? Can someone direct me to the theme? I read the directions but I seem to have missed the theme.

Thanks for the help!

( also, if you're looking to expand your cookie horizons, we're currently doing a salted caramel chocolate cupcake in the Cake Central Cupcake Club ( cccc #14) ) Everyone is welcome!!

But, Id really like to give the cookies a shot, so any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA
Jess

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 1:23am
post #34 of 45

I haven't participated yet but I can tell you that the theme for the month is using Halloween cookie cutters for shapes other than their entended use. Good luck!

JessDesserts Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 2:42am
post #35 of 45

I haven't participated yet but I can tell you that the theme for the month is using Halloween cookie cutters for shapes other than their entended use. Good luck!

thanks so much bohemiagetsajob, I kinda picked up on that, but I figuredit was better to ask.

Ill go look and see if I have any halloween cookie cutters to play with!

Thanks again!

jess

JessDesserts Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 4:05am
post #36 of 45

OK, I hate to start with a second dumb question, but after tearing through my things, I only found small halloween cookie cutters.

Is there a size requirement? I use them to make fondant cut outs to put on cuppies, so I dont usually have a need for big cutters.

will this be ok?

Also, whats the deadline?

Thanks again!

jes

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 4:19am
post #37 of 45

No size requirement that I know of... and you can post until the end of the month. (Actually, I even posted some cookies for the September theme after the month ended!)

I'm a relative newcomer to the group myself, but as I understand it, the group exists to encourage everyone to think creatively about cookies, and to share their creations, which can lead to even more new inspirations.

Welcome and happy baking! Can't wait to see what you do with those mini cutters!

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 5:27am
post #38 of 45

Wow, CookieMama2! You did such a great job transforming the cookie, it took me a minute to figure out what the original Halloween shape was supposed to be. They're very cute!

I'm excited to see more ideas! This is a fun theme!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 8:19pm
post #39 of 45

cookiemama - I love it! That's so cute and creative!

Jess Desserts - welcome - we'd love to have you join us! There is no size requirement (or limitation) and you can join or post any time. The "guidelines" and the theme for each month are in the very first post in the thread. This really is, as endymion said, a way for us to be creative, share, and inspire.

If you have any other questions, just ask!

~Bonnie

JessDesserts Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 11:13pm
post #40 of 45

thank you Bonnie. Such a sweet welcome is quite warming!

jess

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 1:50am
post #41 of 45

I know I'm a bit off track here, but does anyone know if there was a Cookie Club for December last year that featured Christmas cookies? I can't seem to find a November or December cookie club in 2009. Thanks

bonniebakes Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 7:02pm
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesweetcake

I know I'm a bit off track here, but does anyone know if there was a Cookie Club for December last year that featured Christmas cookies? I can't seem to find a November or December cookie club in 2009. Thanks

I don't think there was one either of those months, Each time we've started the cookie club i the past, interest (and time) wane after a few months and it sort of fizzles out for a while and then gets resurrected again.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 30 Oct 2010 , 11:01pm
post #43 of 45

Well, I was determined to participate this month! The only idea I could come up with was to use the ghost cutter to make a Cake Wreck. Unfortunately, it turned out "wreckier" than I had planned when I realized that my black glace was a little too runny. icon_lol.gif

Happy Halloween, Everyone!

Apparently, an attachment's not going to work. So, I'm putting it into my gallery.

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 3:30am
post #44 of 45

Those are all great ideas and well executed. This was a fun theme and I enjoyed the creativity. icon_biggrin.gif

bonniebakes Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 1:00pm
post #45 of 45

I have dough cut, but I never got the chance to decorate them because of all the Halloween cookies and treats I was making. But, I will surely do them this week (I hope!)

Here's a link to the November cookie club thread...
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6985935.html#6985935

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%