Cake Cruise 2011

Lounge By neecerator Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 3:21am by cakecruise

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 11

Some of the awesome details for Cake Cruise 2011 are up! How exciting. I might treat myself to a 50 birthday present! www.cakecruise.com
Is anyone going? I've been to Bermuda twice, and it's a stunningly beautiful island. If you check out my FB page, you'll see 2 albums full of beautiful pictures. Cheers. icon_smile.gif Let me know if you're going, ok?

10 replies
Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 11

well the site doesn't give a price but if I remember the 2010 one was quite expencive....(not to imply it wasn't worth it....just that I couldn't afford it)

As much as I would love to...unless we come into a nice chunk of change between now and then I think I will be sitting at home. icon_sad.gif

Rachie204 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 11

i'm so stupid...i found the fares....lol

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 11

If everyone saved $100 a month, you'd have enough for the cruise. icon_sad.gif
This isn't easy to do, is it??

Rachie204 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 2:50am
post #5 of 11

sounds easy...however I can't even save enough to finish my second kitchen...lol

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:17am
post #6 of 11

Sounds easy, until life happens, or a new cake toy comes out!

cfao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfao Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:41pm
post #7 of 11

This post caught my eye since I love cruises, but who picked that date??? I am in Mass. so I could drive to the port, but that's the height of foliage season and the first 2 weeks of October are the busiest of the year for weddings in New England. Good Luck to them to find bakers from this area to pass on their 2 biggest weekends and it's during hurricane season to boot.

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 10:55pm
post #8 of 11

I would love this, but its also Hurricane season!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:08am
post #9 of 11

Oh, they'll do fine...........John has been doing these cruises for several years now and has a good following.

Not every attendee will be coming from the East Coast. Some will be in a slower season and enjoy the foliage for themselves.

October and November have the LEAST hurricanes in the Atlantic.

To do the Atlantic out of wedding AND hurricane AND holiday season is pretty tricky.......it'll never all match up for everyone.

Rae

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 5:13pm
post #10 of 11

I'm going seriously give it some thought. I'm in NY and the last cruise I went on was in Oct. (quite a few years ago), and we were in the hurricane. Pretty scary.

cakecruise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecruise Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 3:21am
post #11 of 11

Hey all...
Here is the challenge I face in selecting the dates. I use Holland America Line because their ships are fitted with the Culinary Arts Center which is a great venue for demos. I have done Alaska twice, Mexican Riviera twice, and the Eastern Caribbean and I have had a ton of requests for a NY departure. Check.. this has that.
This is the second last cruise of the Bermuda season so pushing it later in the year is not an option so October it is. The reason the season ends then is because the more hurricane prone areas start to become safer so then they will reposition the ship to those itineraries.
Bermuda on average gets a hurricane close to every 3 years and I am pleased to say (not really) but Bermuda was hit this year so I am looking forward to a hurricane free cruise. Call me the eternal optimist but every Cake Cruise has been blessed with wonderful weather.
I will always do my best to ensure that every guest has a wonderful experience but I can't control the weather (wish I could) and this is the first time I have really clashed with other calendar activities but it is a challenge something that please everyone.
Hope to see you there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%