Fondant/gumpaste Figures...how To Store Them?

Decorating By sumerae Updated 30 Sep 2010 , 7:53pm by TexasSugar

sumerae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumerae Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 5

When you make them ahead of time?

I need to make one for the top of a cake, it'llbe laying flat on the cake. If I make it this weeken, how should I store it for the next 2 weeks until I use it?

4 replies
casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 5

put the dryed pieces on a piece of styrofoam and then put them in a cardboard cake box. Don't put them in plastic or they will soften up.

Cakegirl313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegirl313 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 5

Yeah I've alwasys been told to keep in a box like a shoe box in a cool dry spot and they will last for a really long time.

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 5

the pieces I practice with (not intending to be eaten) just sit on a tray on a shelf, and they're fine. some of them have been there months and months, they're still perfect. Obviously if you intended to eat them you'd be more careful of bugs and things potentially landing on them, definitely a cardboard box, plastic makes them kinda melt.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 5

I like a card board box myself. It protects them for dust and stuff but still lets them breathe and finish drying out. The one time I put something in a plastic air tight container, the little black spots I used for eyes and eyebrows bleed and spread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%