Creaming Butter

Baking By chrisviz Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 7:24pm by chrisviz

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 7:16pm
post #1 of 6

I have heard that creaming butter will make it lighter in color (and fluffy)...so I was wondering, instead of cutting up butter cubes and adding the little pats to the whipped sugar and eggs whites in IMBC/SMBC could you cream the butter instead and just add it in scoops? Or would the butter that was creamed breakdown and completely ruin the consistency? Just wondering if anyone has ever done or does this.

Thanks for any feedback!

5 replies
chrisviz Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 6

Yoooo Hooo, Anyone??

KimmyKakes4Me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyKakes4Me Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 6

A very unnecessary step. Just cut into pats like it says, and enjoy your buttercream. I've been making it for years now, and I don't mess with trying to tweak it.

FYI, creaming is the result of blending butter with something else (sugar) and the sharp little sugar crystals work the butter into the light fluffy consistency you speak of. So no, this is not a good approach.

chrisviz Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:32am
post #4 of 6

Thanks KimmyKakes... Guess I forgot that sugar needs to be added to cream butter (duh on my part)

KimmyKakes4Me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyKakes4Me Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:43am
post #5 of 6

If you add your butter in after it comes to room temp, you don't even have to cut it into pats. Lock your mixer so the paddle doesn't jump, and just throw the butter in one stick at a time whole.

chrisviz Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 6

Well that would certainly save time... I have been cutting up a bunch of little pats.... icon_smile.gif Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%