Pick Up Wedding?

Business By KCC Updated 3 Oct 2010 , 12:19am by indydebi

KCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCC Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 4

This will be the first time I've had a customer pick up a three tier stacked wedding cake. Someone mentioned having them sign a release? Can anyone send me what should be included? I will take pictures prior to pick-up. This was a last minuet order for someone I didn't meet until today when she paid for the cake. Thanks icon_confused.gif

3 replies
bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 4

I had it happen once in years of business. I took pictures, and had the person (Best Man) who picked up, sign a release form. He looked like he had been drinking for hours. I reviewed how to carry it, how to place it in on a flat portion of the car - even gave him non-skid material to place under the cake. After reviewing these instructions , I gave him the printed out "directions" for carrying, etc.

I followed him out to the car and watched as he placed it on the back seat of a car that looked like he spent many a night sleeping in it. I was never so glad that I had gotten cash up front and a signed contract. I really expected to hear complaints from the bride, but never did. Maybe "best man" actually got it to the venue.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 4

Tell them to drive like they have a bucket of water filled just to the brim. Any quick moves that would cause it to splash will cause the cake to slide, buckle and fall apart. And, NO, you will not come and fix it at the venue.

mommachris

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:19am
post #4 of 4

I had one pick up ever. I told the guy "drive like you have a baby velcroed to the top of your car."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%