post #31 of 37

where is the best place to buy scal?

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:16am
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I heard the one guy in the cake video say you should not use paper in the cc

yeah i had heard that too...but I also heard that ppl have had success doing it so I went and ordered the mat and blade and it work out really well...so imagine its just like when they say dont use the expression with gumpaste.

I use a different blade and mat so there is no cross contamination...only reason i can think of them saying not to use it on paper since its basically the same as the expression

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:18am
post #33 of 37

I think I am going to look into buying scal also. I will definitely be looking forward to a tutorial on it. That would be great. I think you can weld things together so you don't have any breaks in the pattern to make a border? Is that right? I have also purchased cartidges on ebay, and even though you can get them for 20-30 dollars, the scal program still works out cheaper. Besides that, even on some of the cartridges I purchased, I know I won't use some of the designs.

Madge I swear that you reach a certain age, and everything goes. lol.
Hmmm now if only I can get rid of these brain farts! Also, as far as not using the cricut cake for cutting wrappers and other paper decorations. Bullpoop! Why do you think they're telling you that? The cake machine is exactly the same machine as the expression, only you use the cake blade and cake cutting mats. To cut cardstock for wrappers, you need to purchase the deep cut housing and blade, and the sticky mats. The deep cut housing and blade fit into the cricut cake, but the cake blade and housing do not fit the expression. Go to CuttingEdgeCakeArt.com, and they esplain everything. Also if you sign up for their newsletter, they will email you their recipe for gumpaste, which is great.
Kathy

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:27am
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

where is the best place to buy scal?

If you google SCAL you'll find a couple of places to buy it...one place had it for $59.95 for a downloadable version of SCAL 2 as a limited special offer. Another place had it for $79.95...so you should shop around for the best price. There are also free trial versions to download.

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:37am
post #35 of 37

Thanks for the info srkmilklady.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:12am
post #36 of 37

cool.....I will have to get the deep blade later on for card stock hehe.......yeah, about the time I get really good they will be ready to plant me hahaha....but hey...it keeps me being silly harhar

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:38am
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by feliciangel

if your looking for less expensive cartridges look on ebay...what I've seen at joann's for $68-80 I've gotten on ebay for $23-35 bucks and I look for the free shipping .. i just got the happy haunting for $35

since I have the cake I just recently bought the mat for paper and a deep cutting blade to use just for Halloween decorations.

but i do agree on the SCAL it is a money saver..there are also scrapbooker that sell and give away the svg files

and the best part about SCAL is that they don't even have to be converted to SVG's! just download a JPEG image you find off google and voila! icon_smile.gif doesn't get any easier than that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%