Cowboy Boots

Decorating By oyster Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 3:33pm by oyster

oyster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oyster Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 6

could someone explain please or is there a tutorial somewhere to show me how to put the cowboy boots together (page 3 grown up cowboy boots) in the tutorials and pattern section i have tried but i cannot get them together.
i would be gratefull if someone could
thanks xx

5 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 6:48am
post #2 of 6

Please post a link to the tutorial/patterns you are talking about--I can't find them.

I haven't made a boot cake yet, but I took a demonstration class and might be able to help a little.

oyster Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 6

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1568302.html
i did email the person who the pattern belongs to but she never got back to me thanks xx

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 1:56pm
post #4 of 6

in the comments section the person who posted the template said that they posted instructions in the forums. I did a search of the forums for "boot" and the author "dynee" and i found this topic that she put the instructions in about half way down.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-666788-boot.html

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 6

leily, you are a much better searcher than I.
oyster, you can also make the boot heel out of rice crispy cereal treats, then wrap in black fondant.

My demo made the cardboard sole, then put black electrical tape around the edges to look like sole edgings. The cardboard sole was bent on the dotted line so it came up like a lady's heel for the boot heel.

If you have some problems, give me a holler on this forum and I'll see if I can help. Put a picture of your boot on here when you're done!

oyster Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 6

Leily, thankyou so much for the link i just could not find it thanks again icon_biggrin.gif also Apti im not very good at searching thankyou to you also i will see how i get on oyster x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%