Please Help With Cake Ideas For Comic Strip Themed Cake

Decorating By chikadodle Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 2:55am by Renaejrk

chikadodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikadodle Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 1:33am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be doing a few dummy cakes for an upcoming art show and need some ideas for one of them. The cake is to be based on a comic strip called "Mimi's Doughnuts". The style is really bright and cheerful and it's about a girl whose parents own a doughnut shop.

http://www.marekbennett.com/mimisdoughnuts/

The character's red striped shirt and the doughnut concept seemed to be a great place to stop, but then I hit the idea wall. Any ideas would be welcomed and appreciated! Thank you!

4 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 4:03am
post #2 of 5

It might be nice to use a few different techniques with this one. If you are planning a tiered cake I would do a layer with either edible images of the comic or hand painted images & maybe a playful shape instead of round, a layer that looks like a doughnut, a layer with red and white stripes with a pink border to match her apron, and a couple of characters molded out of fondant. I am sure there are tons of different ways to make this fun - this is just one icon_smile.gif

chikadodle Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:01am
post #3 of 5

Thank you for the ideas! I'll post a picture when I finally get around to finishing it. Thanks again!

chikadodle Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 2:33am
post #4 of 5

I just posted a photo of the finished cake in my photos, if you're interested. Thank you again for the ideas!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 2:55am
post #5 of 5

This turned out so good- you should be very proud! I tried to look at the other artsy cake, but it wouldn't let me comment - weird! I love it too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%