Liquid Fondant...?

Baking By Babarooskie Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 12:27pm by jules5000

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 5

Can you microwave already-made fondant to become a liquid to cover on cupcakes??

4 replies
jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 5

I have never used this recipe, but it is in a Wilton Year book and I imagine it would be a lot less trouble and time than what you are asking about.

Quick-Pour Fondant

6 c. sifted Confectioners sugar
1/2 c. Water
2 T. light corn syrup
1 t. almond extract
Wilton Icing colors

Cakes should be covered with apricot glaze or a thin coating of buttercream icing. Let sit 15 minutes before covering with fondant.

Place sugar in saucepan. Combine water and corn syrup. Add to sugar and stir until well mixed. Place over low heat. Don't allow temperature of fondant to exceed 100 degrees. Remove from heat, stir in flavor and icing color. To cover , place cake or cookies on cooling rid over a drip pan. Pour fondant into center and work toward edges. Touch up bare spot with spatula. Let set. Makes 2 1/2 c. Excess fondant can be reheated. Good luck.

jules5000 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 5

I have never used this recipe, but it is in a Wilton Year book and I imagine it would be a lot less trouble and time than what you are asking about.

Quick-Pour Fondant

6 c. sifted Confectioners sugar
1/2 c. Water
2 T. light corn syrup
1 t. almond extract
Wilton Icing colors

Cakes should be covered with apricot glaze or a thin coating of buttercream icing. Let sit 15 minutes before covering with fondant.

Place sugar in saucepan. Combine water and corn syrup. Add to sugar and stir until well mixed. Place over low heat. Don't allow temperature of fondant to exceed 100 degrees. Remove from heat, stir in flavor and icing color. To cover , place cake or cookies on cooling rid over a drip pan. Pour fondant into center and work toward edges. Touch up bare spot with spatula. Let set. Makes 2 1/2 c. Excess fondant can be reheated. Good luck.

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 5

Hmmm... maybe I should try this...

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

jules5000 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 12:27pm
post #5 of 5

I saw this happen on another topic and wondered about it. Now I too have done it so I now understand how it can happen. Sorry about that folks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%