Clogged Print Head??

Decorating By SugarMama5 Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 2:08am by SugarMama5

SugarMama5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMama5 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 13

I think I have a clogged print head in my Canon MP 560. I printed a few times in the past couple weeks, but before that it had been a few weeks. (oops!) Anyways, my black isn't printing at all, the colors will though. I checked the cartridges and they seem to be OK. So I was thinking about cleaning my print head and I don't have a steam cleaner. I did see one at Canadian Tire, http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/3/CleaningToolsVacuums/SteamCleaners/PRD~0436247P/Shark%252BSteam%252BBottle.jsp?locale=en

would this do the same job as the one Icing Images/Kopykake sell?

I also saw in the trouble shooting part here in the forum, that (I'll quote) "Sometimes running your print head under a heavy stream of very warm water can help to remove stubborn clogs. Dry the print head with a soft lint-free cloth or paper towels before placing it back into the printer."

Can I do that with my print head? I'm just worried that I might wreck it b/c it has a computer chips, etc on the print head... wouldn't water wreck it?

I want to fix this so I can keep using my printer, which by the way, I've only had since July! Plus it's my sons bday party on Saturday and I really want to print off some images for his cupcakes.

Any help or direction would be appreciated!

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:56am
post #2 of 13

You can use hot water ono your printhead, just be sure that you dry it very well before removing and make sure it is at room temperature. The steamer you showed will be fine as longa s the nozzle will go in to the printhead well.

SugarMama5 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:27am
post #3 of 13

good to know, I'll try the water first, then if it doesn't work, I'll try the steamer! Thanks!

SugarMama5 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 13

I tried the running water trick and it worksed, but I can totally see how the steamer is the way to go! I had to do it 4 or 5 times to get the clog cleared, but it's way better now.

Question for you, can I put Icing Image ink into a KopyKake cartridge? I am guessing no... I am needing more ink and want to switch to Icing Images ink. Also, who sells it in Canada again? Was it gournet square? Do they do online ordering? Also, do you reccomend cleaing cartridges? If so, do you sell them?

Thanks again!! icon_biggrin.gif

icingimages Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 13

Hi
I apologize, I am at a convention in vegas and have not have the access to internet like I would like! The inks are formulated differently so I would not recommend that.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 13

I highly recommend switching to the cartridges from icing images. The print quality is som uch better then that of kopykake. Once you get their cartridges you can refill with their ink. I love their gold label ink.

SugarMama5 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 6:37pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I highly recommend switching to the cartridges from icing images. The print quality is som uch better then that of kopykake. Once you get their cartridges you can refill with their ink. I love their gold label ink.

I was planning on doing that after my experience with kopykake & reading how happy everyone has been with icing images ink. Soooo good that people share their experiences with products.... so helpful!

Thanks!

SugarMama5 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 6:41pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Hi
I apologize, I am at a convention in vegas and have not have the access to internet like I would like! The inks are formulated differently so I would not recommend that.

that's ok. thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I kinda figured it wouldn't be recommended, but I thought I would check.

You said Gourmet Square sells icing images products in Canada.... are they the only company? Just curious b/c last I checked I couldn't order online, I think I'd have to call it in. (that sounds lazy of me doesn't it!! I just love doing things online...)

BIG THANKS to you again! Appreciate it!! icon_biggrin.gif

icingimages Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:29am
post #9 of 13

Actually Gourmet square never worked out. So we are currently looking for a Canadian distributor. We do ship to Canada. We had worked out deals with Fedex where the brokerage fee is covered and it is cheaper than Fedex ground and faster using their economy or priority service. But we would still be shipping from the US.

Tiggy....thanks once again for the kind words! I am so happy you are satisfied with our products.

SugarMama5 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:

Actually Gourmet square never worked out. So we are currently looking for a Canadian distributor. We do ship to Canada. We had worked out deals with Fedex where the brokerage fee is covered and it is cheaper than Fedex ground and faster using their economy or priority service. But we would still be shipping from the US.

Tiggy....thanks once again for the kind words! I am so happy you are satisfied with our products.

Interesting, I actually emailed them and they told me that their system was down and couldn't retrieve their pricing info... they didn't say anything about not carrying icing images. So how should I go about ordering? Can I order online at icing images or do I need to call my order in?

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 5:05pm
post #11 of 13

That's good to know about mixing Icing Images refill with kopykake cartridge. I was about to do that. guess I need to order new cartridges.

Thanks

icingimages Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:06pm
post #12 of 13

[quote="SugarMama5"]

Quote:

Can I order online at icing images or do I need to call my order in?

You can order directly from us online or you can call!

SugarMama5 Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 2:08am
post #13 of 13

thanks! Very helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%