Do You Have An Edible Printer? Do You Like It?

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 11:52am by Mikel79

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 1:27am
post #1 of 7

I'm looking to purchase an edible printer, probably a Canon because I heard that they are the best. Do you have one? And if you do, do you recommend it? Thanks so much!
(I have read the three part article here on Cake Central about edible printers, but I'd love to hear what you all have to say.)

6 replies
AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 4:21am
post #2 of 7

I love mine....don;t know how I lived with out it

Cabas10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cabas10 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 4:48am
post #3 of 7

I hate mine but I don't use it a great deal. I spend all of my time trying to keep the ink from drying out and keep the jets from clogging.

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 7

Can you guys please tell me what kind of printer you have that you love and hate? So I know which ones are good and which aren't? Thanks!

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 7

I have the Epson C88 and l love it!!!! This was my second printer and it hasn't caused me any headaches. I think I had a cannon for my first and I held my breath when I used it because it was unpredictable.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 11:00am
post #6 of 7

There are two basic choices out there. Canon and Epson. We sell both, however, the only reason I sell the Epson is for the wide format printing. If you are not in need of wide format printing, I would definately recommend the Canon. With its removable printhead, if you ever have printhead issues or clogging, you can remove it, clean it and replace it if necessary. With the Epson, if you cannotg et the clog out, you are out the printer. The only Epson I recommend is the workforce 1100. The others I tested, I was able to ruin rather easily. When I look for printers, my objective is to abuse it to find out where problems are and how to overcome them. The Canons are more durable and less fussy with problems and I can fix most problems on Canons.

I hope this has been helpful to you.

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 11:52am
post #7 of 7

I LOVE mine, when it is working correctly!!! I recently been having ink issues. I don't use it everyday though. This is an issue as well. However, when I steam the printer head it works wonderfully!!

I have a Canon IP4700

HTH

Michael

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%