Does Anyone Have The Oreo Truffle Recipe?

Baking By bobwonderbuns Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 4:36pm by bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 1:26am
post #1 of 5

It's sort of like cake balls but it's with Oreo cookies. I think it had a whole bag of oreos smashed in a food processor with a bar of cream cheese and I cannot remember the rest of it. icon_cry.gif If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful!! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks in advance!! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 1:49am
post #2 of 5

My daughter makes these. She uses a bag of oreos( crush the oreos. take little out to roll balls in if you want to. If not, just use the whole bag of oreos (crushed) and mix with 8oz. of cream cheese. mix good. Roll into ball. dip in to melted (semi sweet chocolate.) 2 8 oz. pks. of this chocolate. melted. you don,t have to roll in crushed oreos if you don,t want to. just have the melted chocolate as the finish. hth

bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 1:52am
post #3 of 5

That's kind of what I thought it was. I think I heard crushing the Vanilla oreos with 8 oz cream cheese and adding mini chocolate chips then rolling into balls and dipping in chocolate. I just couldn't remember. (Funny thing too, I made these last year, so you'd think I would remember!!) icon_rolleyes.gif

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 2:11am
post #4 of 5

I made these with my daughters last summer. They were Yummmy!

Crumble a bag or a bag and a half of Oreos into a bowl. Use a mixer.
    Drop one or two packages of softened Philadelphia cream cheese into the bowl.
    Let the mixer to do all the work. Mix until thoroughly blended into a disgusting bowl of thick mud-like sweetness.
    Chill in the fridge overnight.
    In the morning, roll out all of the balls onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
    Chill the tray of balls (couple of hours).
    Melt chocolate in double boiler (glass bowl on top of a metal sauce pan with simmering water on the stove).
    Take the chocolate off the stove and rest on a hot pad.
    Throw (not really...more like a gentle toss) a few balls in the chocolate bowl at a time and flip around with a spatula until thoroughly coated in chocolate.
    Remove balls, one at a time, from the chocolate bowl to their final resting place on the wax paper cookie sheet. A wooden skewer works well for this
    After all the balls are coated and resting the sheet, let them cool again in the fridge until set.

Decorate them with melted white chocolate.
    Melt white chocolate in double boiler.
    Pour into Ziploc bag
    Snip teeny tiny corner in the bottom of bag (to serve as a piping bag)
    Drizzle, drizzle, drizzle

bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 5

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing that!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%