Making Cupcakes For My Daughter's 2Nd Birthday

Baking By luvlaugh Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 3:36am by matthewkyrankelly

luvlaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvlaugh Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:22am
post #1 of 6

Hello I will be making cupcakes for my daughter's 2nd birthday and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for flavors and decorations. I want to keep the flavors and the decorations simple. I don't have any fondant or fondant tools. any ideas would be great Thank you for reading. I can't wait to read your ideas. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:35am
post #2 of 6

Well, what is your daughter "in to"? For my daughter's 2nd, we did a banana strawberry Curious George cake and cuppies, because that was her obsession at the moment. For 2 years, I would probably avoid fondant all together..my daughter loves the taste, but it's a bit of a choking hazard for anyone any younger.

VeronicaLuis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeronicaLuis Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:10am
post #3 of 6

For my son's birthday this year I baked my cupcakes in ice cream cones and using a 1M tip I did a buttercream swirl on top and add a red lolly and a little drizzle of chocolate. It looked just like an icecream. I took the cupcakes/iceream cones to school to share with the class and everyone was fascinated by them.

Maluisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maluisa Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:28am
post #4 of 6

A long time ago for one of my younger sons birthday I made teddy bear picnic cuppies. Green frosting with shredded coconut for grass, cocktail umbrellas and teddy grahams on top. I got this idea from a ladies magazine back then.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:33am
post #5 of 6

Go to the galleries and look at the pictures. You're sure to become inspired! Not knowing your daughter, if she's girly-- or what she likes it's hard to even venture a guess.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:36am
post #6 of 6

MY daughter loves pink. We did pink cake, pink frosting and pink sprinkle sugar. She loved it.

My other suggestion for kid wow factor is color. In their mind, different bright colors are just as important as flavor. If you could do several colors of frosting and several colors of cake, the combinations would be amazing. Add sprinkles and colored sugar and you are over-the-top for little kids. Kids will not appreciate intricate fondant work as much as a visual overload of color in cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%