How Do You Stack Your Tiers...

Decorating By caked4life Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 7:58pm by pag41989

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 8

Just curious. How do you do your tiers.

Do you torte and fill them or do you bake 3 seperate layers, place one down, fill it, place another down, fill it, place the last layer down and fill it.

I apologize is this is confusing.

Thanks

7 replies
pag41989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pag41989 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 8

I have only done a couple two tiers but I have filled them then stacked them once I insert the dowel rods.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 8

i bake two 2" layers and then level and torte them. So I end up with four 1" (actually 7/8") layers with three layers of filling.

But I also just level my 2" layers and put a filling between, depends on how many layers of filling the customer wants.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pag41989

I have only done a couple two tiers but I have filled them then stacked them once I insert the dowel rods.

I guess the question is a little confusing. I took it to mean she was asking about one tier of the cake so you'd be layering different layers of cake.

I didn't even think if she was asking about actual tiers.

pag41989 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 8

ohh ok I get it now icon_redface.gif I bake 3 layers and fill them. I haven't been brave enough to try cutting the layers in half.

caked4life Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Quote:

I guess the question is a little confusing. I took it to mean she was asking about one tier of the cake so you'd be layering different layers of cake.

I didn't even think if she was asking about actual tiers.

Your answer is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks

Sorry, again, for the confusion.

caked4life Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:

ohh ok I get it now icon_redface.gif I bake 3 layers and fill them. I haven't been brave enough to try cutting the layers in half.

It was a confusing question icon_sad.gif Sorry...Thanks for taking the time to respond!!!

pag41989 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:58pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by caked4life

Quote:

It was a confusing question icon_sad.gif Sorry...Thanks for taking the time to respond!!!

It's okay. I have been easily confused today, I went to bed way too late last night and I am sitting here at 4 pm seriously debating on making a pot of coffee. icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%