Applying Cricut Cutouts On A Fondant Cake

Decorating By Ree Updated 24 Sep 2010 , 1:04pm by Ree

Ree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ree Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:55am
post #1 of 4

I have a 3 tier cake that I'll be traveling to the beach with on Friday morning and have just finished air brushing my layers. The cake will not be cut until Saturday night and I'm wanting to know if it will hurt to go ahead and put the cutouts on tonight or wait until tomorrow night. I just haven't work with this before and don't know if the images will mess up after being on so long or even if my fondant will begin to dry and crack. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Rita-Greer, SC

3 replies
xandra83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xandra83 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 2:14am
post #2 of 4

I've always put stuff on a couple days in advance if I have other cakes that need done. I can't just wait to put everything on at the last minute. I mean, you're just putting fondant on fondant, right? It shouldn't be a biggie at all

Ree Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:51pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for answering. I was waiting on an email...so I didn't know you answered until today. All went great.

Ree Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 4

Here's what I did...I made a 3 tier Rice Krsipy Treat Cake, covered it in White Chocolate Candy Clay then covered it in white fondant. I air brushed the layers then cut out beach themed gumpaste from my Cricake cake and applied them to the fondant on Thursday. I made chocolate shells and hand molded a mermaid out of chocolate clay and applied her to the middle layer of the cake and hand painted everything. The cake traveled from Greer, SC to Garden City Beach, SC (a 5 hour trip in 90 degree weather!) and was prefect on Saturday night when we cut it at our annual Family Beach Birthday Bash!
I'm gonna try to post a picture...but FYI...I'm a hobbist...not a professional!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%