Stupid Is My Middle Name....

Decorating By Malakin Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 11:40pm by poohsmomma

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 3

If you think you're having a bad day.......Well, it's official. At my young age I have Alzheimer's. Yep....no doubt about it.
It all started when I saw this funny looking big plastic ring thing in my dish drainer the other day and thought WTH??? I have no idea what this is.
So, I did what I did with every other item laying around that I don't know what it is or what it belongs too.....I threw it in the trash.....yep. The trash.
About a week after that, kitchen sink sprung a leak, almost directly all over the two tier fondant covered cake I was working on. Unbelievable, what's next??? So I'm scrambling to cover cake, stop leak, etc.....what a mess!
Hubby comes to the rescue, fixes sink, but in his own sweet way, he leaves his parts, mess, washers, etc...lying all over the counter for me to clean up.
I'm frustrated, aggravated, p###sed off and everything else you can think of with a cake deadline and nothing going right.

It's been a week now. I started another cake for a competition.
Couldn't find the plastic ring to my Pampered Chef container I keep my cornstarch in for dusting. Darn......Crap....and a few other expletives.
I move on. I improvise.
Then I go looking for my peice that goes with my clay gun extruder, the little black circle plastic thingy that looks like a sink washer that holds the disc in place.....Wait, sink washer looking thingy?
Oh no! I couldn't have. Yep, I did..
My split personality thought I don't need these little plastic thingies my husband leaves lying around in my way....so, I'm going to throw them away!
Booohooohooo....Waaaa....I threw away $80 worth of equipment into the trash.

2 replies
sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:40pm
post #2 of 3

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I, too, am over-zealous when "stuff" is just laying around. Maybe DH could find you a replacement rubber ring?....it could happen! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 11:40pm
post #3 of 3

I swept two impression mats off of the counter into the trash. They were in a pile of parchment and waxed paper I had taken off of cakes. I wondered at the time what was hard inside that pile of paper.

Yep, I ordered some more.

Sometimes I just get in a rush!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%