Help!! How Do I Do This?

Decorating By EmilyHogan Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 8:28pm by Motorhead

EmilyHogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyHogan Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 4

I need help! my dad's birthday is soon and I'd like to make him a special cake. He's been a cop for 30 years and is still training guys how to shoot so I was gonna do a gun out of rkt but what's the best way to mold/shape it???? I'd appreciate ANY advice! thanks icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 4

If I'm in a hurry, I sometimes used the premade RKT, but for the best molding, I make my own. The tip that I have is to crush up the rice krispies before you mix them in with the marshmallows and butter. It will make for a much finer product to mold with. Good luck, and post pics when you're done!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:29am
post #3 of 4

You could also do one of those targets (paper bodies) cops practice shooting at... If you want to do a gun, then check the galleries and when you see some you like, PM the person for advice. Good luck!

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 4

another tip i got from cc's here is to use melted chocolate instead of royal icing on the RKT, i used this method to make tires for my tractor cake and it worked great! set up real fast and was really easy to work with. hth and good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%