What Kind Of Software?

Business By tristansmama Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 6:10pm by tristansmama

tristansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tristansmama Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone!!

Im trying to find a software for my cake business....and I have found a couple but I'm not sure if they are really good. I don't want to spend money and have it not be worth it. I found Cake Design Pro and Cake Boss 2010. Are these any good? Is there something else out there thats better?

Thanks bunches!!
Brittney

5 replies
cakeville82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeville82 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 6

I use Excel, if you know how to properly use Excel to it's full capabilities then you can create a fully customized work book that suites your individual needs.
I have about 10 tabs on mine, they all "talk" to one another , I enter a order and it automatically updates my ingredient list, costs,supplies,delivery fee etc.
That's just me though, I enjoyed creating it myself.
I can also go in and edit , add,remove any part of it whenever I want.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 6

What do you need the software for? If you just need to handle accounting and invoices, QuickBooks would work.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 6

Cake design pro is not a business operation software it is a way to do mock designs of your cakes and is actually designed for a bride to use to create her cake.

Cake Boss is a great program and you will not need quickbooks along side it, unless you are using QB to write checks for you and keep up with your checkbook accounting. You can get several reports on income and expense on CB!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

CB is a great program and you will not need quickbooks along side it, unless you are using QB to write checks for you and keep up with your checkbook accounting. You can get several reports on income and expense on CB!

Does CB allow you to set up a chart of accounts for tracking income and expenses (i.e. COGS or overhead), and how does it integrate with tax software?

tristansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tristansmama Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 6

Thx Everyone!!!

cakeville82 ~ You must be way smarter than me, because I had no idea you could do that with excel. lol Maybe Ill have my husband set it up for me....and then just use it! icon_smile.gif

jasonkraft ~ I need the software to help out with invoices as well as keeping my organized and together. I tend to focus on the crafty fun stuff. I need help with the business side of it.

cakesdivine ~ thank you so much for the tip on Cake design Pro! I would have been really upset if I had bought it!!

You all have been super helpful!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%