Urgent! Messed Up Order For 10 Am Pickup

Business By dreamcakesmom Updated 11 Sep 2010 , 9:04pm by dreamcakesmom

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 6

So this customer changed her order 3 or 4 different times and inadvertently when i baked and decorated I used an old invoice. When I went this morning to print out a clean one for her I realized 1/2 her order which was supposed to be vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting I had made chocolate cuppie with vanilla frosting. I immediately messaged her since that has been how me have communicated and explained the mess up, apologized but let her know I could whip up a correct batch immediately to her final order but wanted to make sure she could come a little later OR I would deliver to her house by the time of the party. She emailed back and said, no need that is fine I will be there before 11 to pick them up thanks.

Should I offer a discount or something as an apology?

5 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 6

When she comes to pick them up I would again apologize and ask "What can I do to make this right for you?" See what she says but be prepared to give a full refund on the cupcakes.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 6

How many did you make and how many were wrong?

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 6

She has already said that it is fine. You offered to correct the order and even deliver them in time for free - but she chose to decline. I would just apologize again for the mix up and give her a voucher for 10-20% off her next order. I did this once and she came back, so all was good icon_smile.gif.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with MikeRowesHunny, she has already made the choice that she is happy with the incorrect ones. Voucher for money off or free box of cuppies with next order or something along those lines. If you didn't ask her prior to collection we would be having the "full refund" convo icon_razz.gif

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks all. SHe picked up. I apologized profusely and gave her 10% off the order as a sorry that this happened and I think she was ok with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%