Cake Filling

Decorating By pickles777 Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 7:08pm by pickles777

pickles777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pickles777 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 10

Hi Everyone!

I was asked to make a cake with caramel filling. I am hoping the store sells some ready made kind. If that is possible, do I have to refridgerate the cake after I am done decorating the cake? Or does it not need to be refridgerated like when I use my decorators buttercream icing?

If I have to make my own caramel filling, I have the same question. Does the cake need to be refridgerated?

Thanks for all the help!

Kelly

9 replies
floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 10

Check out the recipe "Thick Caramel Sauce or Filling" in this website's recipe section. Read all of the postings that follow, and you should have a great recipe AND answers to your questions! Love Cake Central!!

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 10

I think you meant Thick instead of Quick, I was interested and did a search under quick but couldn't find it. I found the thick version in the most saved recipes section...just wondering, it sounds yummy!

floral1210 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 10

Yes, I did mean thick. Thanks for noticing...

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 10

No prob, thanks for posting!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 10

I have made this wonderful tasting caramel. It is by jodief, the one i made. I will definetely make it again. I did put the remaining caramel in a tupperware bowl and put in fridge. It sat out on counter 4-5 days before i did put in fridge though. The cake got eaten so fast, never had to put that in fridge.lol

floral1210 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 5:28pm
post #7 of 10

That is the one I have posted about above.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 10

I have made a caramel mousse but the cake does require refrigeration. The cake can be displayed for up to five hours without any refrigeration with no problems. I take one small box instant pudding one pint whipping cream and Smuckers caramel sauce to taste. So good.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 8:44pm
post #9 of 10

you can also use the caramel sauce that is made for ice cream topping. No refridgeration necessary for a day or so.

pickles777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pickles777 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:08pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks so much for all the great advice!!! I did find that recipe and printed it. I also thought about maybe using caramel dip for like fruit....has anyone used that as a filling? Would that need to be refridgerated after layered onto my cake ? Just an idea I had.... thanks again for all the reponses!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%