Perfect White Chocolate Curls

Decorating By momomom Updated 2 Nov 2010 , 12:47pm by -K8memphis

momomom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momomom Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 7

I was looking at Carrie's Cakes and wanted to know how to do the perfect curls like the ones in a couple of the pics scrolling on her banner slideshow. Can someone tell me? tia

6 replies
FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:20am
post #2 of 7

I'm not sure if this would do it, or maybe something similar: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cakeicer/2408176905/

momomom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momomom Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 4:44am
post #3 of 7

Thank you! I forgot, Dove (DCD) used to sell one of these; I have seen it before. I'll look around.

Thanks-

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 5:08am
post #4 of 7

I didnt look at pic, but I get nice chocolate curls with a potato peeler icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 5:12am
post #5 of 7

ok now I looked but all I could find was gumpaste curls.....which pic?

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:09pm
post #6 of 7

Also check out The Sweet Life site (Norm Davis). The curls Carrie makes are very like Norm and Zane's, and they sell a hand-held curler.

http://www.thesweetlife.com/

and go to the Services tab.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 12:47pm
post #7 of 7

Some people use a spoon or a cheese slicer. I think I've just used a small spatula or butter knife. But you just have to spread out tempered chocolate kinda thin and wait for the right moment when it's pliable and you're golden. You are at the chocolate's mercy. It's not gonna happen before or after the perfect pliableness--so that's the biggie. You could probably scrape it up with a rock when it's the right temperature. But a cool tool is always fun too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%