Walmart Find-Idea For Cake Board

Decorating By Donnabugg Updated 6 Sep 2010 , 5:37pm by abra526

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:20am
post #1 of 8

Browsing the fabric department at walmart I came across these cloth swatches for $1-they had all different colors and patterns. I think it's be a great idea to use for a cake board since it's the perfect size. I bought a black and a brown to use with a couple practice cakes I was working on. Thought I'd share icon_smile.gif

added: trying to attach picture of the swatch information but cake central not cooperating...I'll keep trying

7 replies
Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:38am
post #2 of 8

uploading pictures here is getting so frustrating! lol Anyhoo, I posted a picture of it under my cakes as that was the only way I could

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 5:10am
post #3 of 8

thanks! I'm gonna check them out tomorrow...love sharing ideas icon_smile.gif

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 8

I have been covering my cake boards with fabric for years....it sure is easier to find a complimentry pattern/color and reallyadds to the presentation.....icon_smile.gif

peaseofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peaseofcake Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 8

So you cover your cake board with the fabric like you would fondant or foil, correct? Does your cake stick to the fabric?

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 8

WOW thanks for the info, I'll have to check that out.

peaseofcake, I would put a cake board under the cake so it doesn't touch the fabric.

KarenS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenS Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 5:16pm
post #7 of 8

I cover my boards with the plastic tablecloths you find at the dollar store. They come in many different colors. You can get them at the party store as well, just more expensive.

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 6 Sep 2010 , 5:37pm
post #8 of 8

I cover with fabric first, then with the clear vinyl that walmart sells on a roll for 97 cents. It works great to match the cake with a fabric, and then the vinyl keeps the fabric from touching the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%