Cake Pans...fat Daddios Vs Wilton Vs Magic Line

Decorating By Erin3085 Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 2:18pm by Karen421

PeteLoaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeteLoaf Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:12am
post #31 of 32

I have lots of wilton shaped pans and like them. I don'like the wilton regular round or squareish pans,i can't buy magic line localy but i can buy fat daddios . And they are fantastic and very reasonable priced. i would not spend my money on wilton even at 40% off

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:18pm
post #32 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I think this is another scenario where there isn't anything *wrong* with Wilton, it's just that after you try some of the higher quality brands available, you realize that Wilton pans are a more affordable solution, and that is reflected in little details like the thickness of the metal. I have made plenty of gorgeous cakes using Wilton pans, and have many that I still use, however, in an ideal world, I like the higher end pans more. It's not like anyone is saying, "You're a loser if you use Wilton" (at least I'm not... I guess I should only speak for myself) I'm just saying that there is BETTER out there, and if you can invest in them, you will mostly likely not be disappointed.

Melvira that is a great way to say it!!! thumbs_up.gif And Wilton can be trimmed to be square!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%