Freezing Cookies...

Baking By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 5 Sep 2010 , 8:41pm by Apti

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 7

I'm wondering if I can freeze baked (undecorated) cookies. I'm using Toba's Butter Cookie recipe. Does anyone know if I can do this, and if so, what's the best way to wrap them, how long can they be frozen, and how should they be thawed? Thanks so much!

6 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 7

I successfully freeze cookies all the time! I put them in zip-lock freezer bags, suck the air out with a straw, and then place in plastic containers. (The containers are to keep the cookies from getting crushed in the freezer when my kids or husband go looking for frozen pizzas!) They'll stay fresh for, easily, six months. When I want to decorate them, I take them out of the freezer before I head to work and put them in the fridge. When I get home from work, they're ready to go.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 7

I freeze the same way as GeminiRJ......and use containers for the same reason!!lol

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 7

Me too! Works out fine!

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 7

I freeze all my cookies, Becasue once defrosted for some reason to me they stay softer longer!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 7

Yes! I agree, once defrosted they are softer and stay soft very nicely.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 8:41pm
post #7 of 7

You guys are the bomb! A week ago I made my very first batch of cookies after taking a class at ICES from Deb Hennen. Now I want to bake about a zillion cookies so I can decorate far into the night. Freezing and defrosting in the fridge is the answer! Whoopee!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%