Modeling Chocolate

Decorating By valcomer Updated 4 Sep 2010 , 5:46am by 1tuffcookie

valcomer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valcomer Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 2:26am
post #1 of 4

is there a difference between modeling chocolate vs. wilton's candy clay recipe?...how do i achieve flesh tone color?

3 replies
sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 2:58am
post #2 of 4

It's the same thing. To get flesh colored clay add Ivory color or ou can use light pink with a small amount of brown. HTH

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 3:39am
post #3 of 4

I used the modeling chocolate made with Wilton's disks for the head on my "Stewie" cake. I mixed 80% white chocolate with about 10% pink, 5% yellow and 5% orange (more or less). I did this while melting the chocolate (just prior to adding the syrup), and basically adjusted the color as I went along by adding more of the pink or orange. You can also make a batch of each color (ivory, yellow, pink and orange) and mix them together to get your desired color. HTH!

1tuffcookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1tuffcookie Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 5:46am
post #4 of 4

Hello everyone, im making my 2yr olds birthday cake next week and i was wondering what the difference is between fondent and modeling chocolate? Ive worked with mmf, but never chocolate. Can you use them to do the same things such as cover cakes and sculpt things? which one is easier to work with?? Any suggestions on the best chocolate to use? if anyone can help i would appreciate it muchos. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%