New Logo For New Venture

Business By cakesdivine Updated 4 Sep 2010 , 7:15am by Marianna46

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 16

Check out the links below and tell me which logo you like best! Your input is much appreciated.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1793132.html

or

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1793129.html

Thanks! icon_smile.gif

15 replies
DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 16

When I saw this, I immediately thought "All things in life, including logos, are better with sprinkles." BUT I think with the font being used, the sprinkles make it look a little busy, and when it's reduced in size, it might look a little off.

It's a REALLY cute logo, though icon_smile.gif I like it a lot!

cakesdivine Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 16

I was thinking the same thing. A bit too busy with the sprinkles. Thanks... I designed it and created it myself. icon_smile.gif

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 16

Very cute...I vote for the first one without sprinkles icon_surprised.gif)

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 16

Definitely without sprinkles. For readability purposes you may also want to consider reducing the height of the logo so the words aren't so stretched vertically (especially "Divine").

You might be able to work in an actual cupcake as well, the space above the "kes" in Cupcakes seems like a natural spot. Unless you were going for the whole logo being shaped like a cupcake? I didn't get that right away, you could emphasize that with a subtle outline around the text and a stylized top.

You'll also want to take a look at the color choices on the Cupcakes Divine web site, especially the Daily Icings section (light blue text on a neon pink background gives most people headaches).

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 16

Without sprinkles. Cute logo! icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 16

I think the sprinkles one would look better with a solid color letters for the Devine part.

808hedda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
808hedda Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 7:51pm
post #8 of 16

Without sprinkles. It looks too busy icon_smile.gif

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 7:58pm
post #9 of 16

I'll have mine without sprinkles as well! icon_wink.gif

Cute logo! Nice job on it.

cakesdivine Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 9:13pm
post #10 of 16

jasonkraft. the logo IS a cupcake. That is why the Divine is the way it is, it is the cupcake paper and the word cupcakes is the icing with a cherry on top.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

jasonkraft. the logo IS a cupcake. That is why the Divine is the way it is, it is the cupcake paper and the word cupcakes is the icing with a cherry on top.

Again, you may want to emphasize that with a subtle outline of the cupcake form around the text and a stylized top to approximate the look of icing.

Maybe it was just me, but the idea that the logo was supposed to be a cupcake did not come across until I spent some time looking carefully at the logo.

I understand that graphic design (especially designing a logo for your own business) is incredibly subjective, so please don't take my comments as an attack, I'm just putting in my two cents as an experienced graphic/web designer. icon_smile.gif

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 11:29pm
post #12 of 16

I like it without sprinkles but agree with the others - I am not crazy about the divine part - maybe if it were a different color or something?!?!? I like the look of it but am not crazy about the bottom part! Just being honest!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 5:39am
post #13 of 16

I agree with no sprinkles.
I got that it was a cupcake right away.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 5:39am
post #14 of 16

I agree with no sprinkles.
I got that it was a cupcake right away.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 6:50am
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I think the sprinkles one would look better with a solid color letters for the Devine part.

I agree, I like the sprinkles, but I think the Devine part would look better in a mint green or something softer. The gold is a little strong.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 7:15am
post #16 of 16

I voted for the no sprinkles version, too. I really love the logo and think that the cupcake shape comes across very well as is (of course, perception is in the eye of the beholder!). Anyhow, congrats on a fine design!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%