Flavoring Question

Decorating By Yum2010 Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 2:31pm by jeweledgypsy

Yum2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yum2010 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 3

Just out of curiosity....do any of you know if the flavoring titled "wedding boquet" is the same thing as "creme boquet". I see some recipes for buttercream calling for "wedding boquet" but I have never been able to find it. I have come across "creme boquet" and have tried it (not very fond of it, to tell you the truth). Just wodering if they were the same thing or if they tasted similar.

2 replies
ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 3

The only place that I've found Wedding Bouquet is from on-line sources. Amazon.com offers some options. I use the Creme Bouquet, but hated it at first. What I do now is use it sparingly.... maybe half of what the recipe calls for, and make up the rest of the flavoring called for with vanilla. Alternatively, you can use it with lemon or almond flavoring to "push" the flavor in that direction. The Creme Bouquet does "round out" the flavor of the cake or icing without giving it a purely lemon or purely almond taste.... which someone invariably doesn't like, even if most do. Play around with it a little before you write it off. icon_twisted.gif

jeweledgypsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeweledgypsy Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 3

Wedding Bouquet and Creme Bouquet are completely different. The bottle has B&B Cakes and Supplies with the phone number (985) 542-8079. Hope this helps. I absolutely love it and so does everyone who tastes my cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%