Ok...have A Lot Of Leftover Ganache.....

Decorating By Irish245 Updated 4 Sep 2010 , 3:08pm by Irish245

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:20am
post #1 of 8

and need ideas of what to do with it all........I did a wedding cake and somehow overdid it with making ganache. I don't know what I was thinking! I now have about 8 to 10 cups of chocolate ganache in my freezer. My first thought was to just get a spoon some night after my husband leaves for work, but being that I've lost 43 pounds so far this summer, this is probably not the best idea. Any suggestions for things I can do???

7 replies
ellentwn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:34am
post #2 of 8

Hide the spoons and in the microwave and use as a poured ganache, mine turned out nice and smooth. all though i did not have 8-10 cups leftover. great job on losing 43 pounds thumbs_up.gif

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:42am
post #3 of 8

How about cake balls? Then those can be frozen and pulled out to thaw whenever you need a treat! They thaw really quickly too. Next time you make a cake, save the trimmings and mix with the ganache....all leftovers, turned into another scrumptious treat!

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 3:45am
post #4 of 8

Makes a great hot chocolate too. The recipe was in the second Cakecentral magazine. Very rich and satisfying.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:06am
post #5 of 8

It actually keeps really well for an extended period of time. I use ganache VERY frequently for my cakes (though I only make a few cakes each month) and routinely make one batch of ganache which lasts for several cakes. I do keep it in the fridge when it's not directly on a cake, and spoon out the solid ganache that I need into a separate container to warm so that I am not constantly rewarming one same batch of it and exposing it to more bacteria in that way.

And cake balls, I think, are a wonderful suggestion!!! Great binder, super fast to do. I even just used spoonfuls of ganache and rolled them by themselves with no cake in them, very quickly, dipping into cocoa, and brought "truffles" to work. Melts in your mouth icon_wink.gif.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:17am
post #6 of 8

Truffles. Add some liqueurs or melted preserves to re-warmed and melted ganache, coat with cocoa powder, crushed nuts, coconut, or nonpareils/sprinkles.

Box up a few to give as quicky birthday gifts.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 4:35am
post #7 of 8

Dip shortbread cookies or strawberries in ganache. Make all kinds of truffles.

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 4 Sep 2010 , 3:08pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone! I think I'll do some truffles and dip some shortbread cookies for Labor Day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%